Tuesday 31 July 2012

Going potty….

..is one way of using up scraps or “minestrone” as Kaite you can see more minestrone here

Some weeks ago I finished crocheting a blanket using bamboo yarn….

DSCN3956

I really enjoyed working with this yarn…sadly there was not much yarn left over….

DSCN3944

….. but enough to inspire these little pots….

DSCN3958

my pot collection is growing rapidly as I am on a “minestrone” clear out drive….we have recently heard that our next posting is Beijing ….so I have to reduce my stash before we leave in April next year…

10 comments:

kaiteM said...

Gorgeous little pots, very special. Beijing? bit different to where you are now.

Leslie said...

thanks Kaite...yes just a "tad" different from here...we are looking forward to the change...;-)!

Els said...

Ha, I love the pots ! (reminds me of the "cusspots" (whatever thát really means) which Deb Lacativa makes and stuffs with goody scraps)
You still have time to make "some" more before you change places .... Thought that too just like Kaite: quite a different place from where you are now ;-)

Leslie said...

Yes Els I have seen Debs "cuss pots". To cuss is to use bad language....swear! I liked that Deb used to put money in her pot every time she used a swear word and then later filled her pots with scraps. Not sure what I'll put in my pots.....any ideas?

deanna7trees said...

your blanket is gorgeous and your pots are as adorable as could be, especially the one leaning over with the bell hanging. great idea to use up the bits and pieces.

Anonymous said...

So good to find your blog again...Your blanket is amazing love the colors and the "cuss pots" are such fun.
Perhaps you will meet Ali in Beijing :)

Leslie said...

thanks Deanna yes it was a very good idea inspired by Kaite...

Leslie said...

Thank you Mo'a for dropping by...just have to make one correction...my pots are not "cuss pots" those belong to Deb Lacativa...I would not want to be seen to be copying her idea...:-)!

kaiteM said...

I meant to comment on your wrap also, it's beautifully made and seems to shine with all the colours.

Leslie said...

Thanks Kaite