Thursday 6 January 2011

Wisps…

Waiting…

DSCN1859

I started this cloth back in April while we were waiting to leave the UK for Sierra Leone…it is hanging on the wall in the “studio” now but I think it needs some more attention but what that is I am not sure….

DSCN1860

…a pot of tea perhaps?

 

Then there is this….

something I started at the end of the year…inspiration gained from Jude Hill…I am hoping to create a window something…but will have to see what comes from the heart to the needle to the cloth…

DSCN2053

DSCN2054

It’s haematin (not sure of the spelling) season here in Freetown…this is when the winds blow down from the Sarah desert…mornings are much cooler… the days are breezy…there is a haze in the air…like a pollution haze you get in an industrial city…it feels like autumn…

8 comments:

kaiteM said...

a pot of tea or even a tea bag perhaps? k.

deanna7trees said...

lovely, soft colors and wonderful fringe.

jude said...

gee, i love the square clock...

kaiteM said...

hi, i've passed your email on to Jan and i want to thankyou publically for your generous offer of quilt blocks, hgz k.

Leslie said...

Kaite...yes I am leaning towards the tea bath....

Jude...I'm glad you like the square clock...if my memory serves me right..the inspiration came from a wonderful blog written by a very talented lady...spirit cloth...

Els said...

It must be the sand that's blowing down to you from the Sahara ...
Love the "old" piece and that chequered beige "tea" moon is very promising (great to see you at "boro" again)

Peggy said...

love the colors in the brief moment cloth -- I'm so drawn to them . . . beautiful.

Anonymous said...

stopping by to give a "hello"
your embroidery decorations above the wisps (love those, too) are so, so sweet!