Friday 10 August 2012

a break in the rain….

DSCN4011

Aberdeen is visible again…clean…sparkly…looking like a new pin….

DSCN4012

just look at this day….one can hardly believe that yesterday it was so dark in my studio, I had to have the light on…the window is open today…the sound of the gardeners busy in the garden is bombarding my eardrums…they are cutting the grass. I always wait to smell the sweet smell of freshly cut grass….but am always disappointed because there is no smell at all…

DSCN4013

this is a jasmine plant…plenty of flowers but no fragrance not even in the evening…just look how the gardener has hacked it with his machete…no matter how many times I tell them not to touch it this is what they do…defiance! The consolation is that in a month that will have grown back with interest so I don’t let it bother me….too much….anymore….!

4 comments:

kaiteM said...

I do like that window of yours, it's so wide. reminds me of something, an old half forgotten memory.

Leslie said...

this is a very old house and this is the lightest room in the house...that is why I have it as my "studio"..I am going to miss it in China because we will be in a small high rise apartment...but hey I still have over 200 days left here so i'm going to make them count...

Lilian Nell said...

Hiya,
It's Lil, Danny Bamin's fiance. We met a few times camping down at the BHC beach :-)
I just stumbled upon an old email where you gave me this link.
This post made me Freetown-sick.
I hope you are enjoying camping trips and the lush green that follows the end of the rains.
All the best,
Lilian

Leslie said...

Hi Lillian of course I remember you....thanks for visiting and might I just say that you are better off where you are...this year has been a hard year and the lovely lush green you talk of has been rather fleeting....at the moment we are shrouded in desert dust.....we will toast you and Danny this weekend at Tokeh