Friday 9 May 2008

April TIF

Change – I really don’t have a problem with change, in fact I look forward to change for me it is an opportunity to reinvent myself. My mother once said to me that I am like a chameleon because I adapt to change very easily almost blending in with my surroundings, hence the chameleon in this piece.

There are three parts to this piece, the changing of the seasons, the chameleon and the change from day to night.

The changing seasons - Having lived most of my life in a coastal town the changes of the seasons were always so subtle that one season melted into the next barely noticeable. A few years ago I moved inland where the changes of the seasons were so outstanding. In spring I noticed blossoms on trees everywhere, the grass started to turn from brown to green, summer with long hot days clear skies, then autumn when the leaves on the trees turned to yellow, then red suddenly it was winter with crisp chilly mornings, fires, hot bowls of soup.



The chameleon – blending in with surroundings, for protection, for me a chance to do different things meet new people see new places.

The change from day to night – every new day brings with it new beginnings, new adventures changes and challenges making like interesting.




10 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your piece, it is very clever!

Kay said...

I like this very much, both the three examples of change and the great amount of detail in such a small piece. Impressive work.

Tanguera said...

Love your chameleon. Like all the thoughts behind your piece.

celeste said...

This is a very cool piece. I love how you've done it.

celeste

Ruth said...

What a wonderful piece and concepts that denote change.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Great piece of embroidery, the chalmeleon especially.was alerted to your work and blog when I saw your post on The Take it Further Challenge blog.What a beautiful place you live in.

Lynne said...

Very beautiful - especially love the chameleon.

Paddy's Daughter said...

What a wonderful interpretation of change - i love the chameleon, so appropriate.

Cindibee said...

What a beautiful piece! I love your stitching. Your work is very unique! I'm adding you to my links list on my blog.

Ati said...

I do like your April piece and how you discribe it !