Sunday 7 November 2010

Accra Ghana…..

Today we were retracing foot steps….my dearly beloved’s foot steps…we visited the Aburi Botanical gardens…where as a very young boy, he and his parents would visit for a day out….now nearly fifty years later…nothing is familiar and yet everything is familiar….





 
Red and green... beautiful African colours....



Survival of the fittest or in this case the persistant....


A wonderful morning spent wandering around the gardens...

......only in Africa!

4 comments:

deanna7trees said...

how amazing. I think I was a tree in a past life.

Leslie said...

mmm I know the feeling... it was amazing to stand inside the tree but I could not help but feel sad for the tree that was not there anymore...

kaiteM said...

magnificent gardens, and that strangler looks like a cathedral from the inside, a Gaudi cathedral.
beautiful to see it all, thanks, k.

Leslie said...

Kaite you are right...it is very Gaudi isn't it...