Tuesday 16 November 2010

My Ghana bead stash…

Before I left for Ghana a friend told me about the huge bead market that assembles outside a town called Koforidua…upon my arrival in Ghana I started making enquiries about this market…some people did not know what I was talking about ….some people said yes they had heard of this market but did not know how to get there and then there was the information from the High Commission driver who informed me that to take a taxi to this market was going to cost a lot of money…he said I could take the buss but in view of the fact that I was new to Ghana and did not know where I was going he was not sure I should venture out on my own…so sadly the bead market will have to wait for another visit…maybe….
But with beads on my mind I did venture into town where I found some beads being sold by vendors on the pavements…I also visited the craft village somewhere near the hotel we were staying in and have to say that I was ripped off totally…the long string of blue “disc” shaped beads set me back £30 where as the selection of other beads picture here cost me less than £10….but I am happy with my little stash and the mind is racing with ideas of what to do with them….
DSCN1759

3 comments:

deanna7trees said...

oh I am attracted to all those blue beads---beautiful just to look at as they are.

kaiteM said...

they are lovely beads tho whatever they cost to the uninitiated, and hopefully a couple of local people benefitted.

Leslie said...

Yes Kaite you are right they did and I am a happy customer...i love blue Deanna my favourite colour...