Sunday 3 April 2011

A change of heart….

 

When I started this project way back in 2009 I had a sort of plan in my head of what I wanted the out come to be….but…not having enough room in our tiny flat to expand and see my project in its entirety…I guessed…then life got in the way, my project was folded neatly away to make room for the day to day…

Now i have plenty of room….with new inspirations from classes taken on like I am having a change of heart…mainly because I just can’t remember my thinking form way back when….

…bravely I started to weave in the new inspiration… but to my dismay have found that the new inspiration does not gel with my old inspiration…the old inspiration looks hard and far to regimented…

5 comments:

deanna7trees said...

i think it's fabulous. i like the way you made the crosshatching first---i guess for easy placement of pattern?

jude said...

look at it for a while. i like when this happens, i learn about how my mind works.

Leslie said...

thanks Deanna...the cross hatching was supposed to be a sort of guideline but now I wish i had not been so generous with the permenant marker.....

Jude I look at this everyday as I have it hanging on the shelf at the entrance to my work room...I am hoping that the time in the UK will clear my mind and when I get back to SL I will see things in a new fresh "light"...

Tammy said...

I love this .. I just saw you on the SewIn blog ... i love this and I think you should just pretend the blocks you marked aren't there if you don't like them but I think the way you have used them is fabulous. I love your heart quilt on sew in .. beautiful.

Leslie said...

thank you Tammy...mmmm... will give this some more thought...