Sunday 15 August 2010

Sierra Leone Brewery....Star Beer

Sierra Leone Brewery
When I was told that we had been signed up for a tour of the local brewery I have to say that my first thoughts were "I'd rather be home sewing!" But then I was told that we would be travelling through a part of Freetown we had not visited before (a post for another day). Interested in what is happening in and around I was in for the journey. Upon our arrival at SLB we were ushered into the company pub where we savoured the delights of the product of the brewery....BEER!

The local brew "Star Beer"

Beer bottle soldiers..

I have to be honest and say that upon reflection.... a really entertaining afternoon was had, thanks to the warm welcome from the staff at SLB and the great company of our colleagues.... this visit will be a fond souvenir of our time here in Sierra Leone.....
SLB's "greening" contribution...


3 comments:

kaiteM said...

hmmm, still think i'd have rather been sewing; funny about the garden tho, do you think the gardener thought the sign was meant for him?...k.

Leslie said...

looking at the garden perhaps yes..;-) thanks for stopping by Kaite

kaiteM said...

hi, me again. If you want to get into natural dyeing then try to get a hold of India Flint's book Ecodyeing, it has everything you could ever need between it's covers. I resisted for too long as i "thought i knew it all" haha, i was so wrong. Also check out grace's blog 'windsong' on my list, to see more of the elderberry leaf story. What colour did you get from the avocado leaves? cheers, kaite